SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAWYERS
NEW YORK AND CONNECTICUT EMPLOYMENT LAW ATTORNEYS
BLG’s employment lawyers represent victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault and abuse in their workplace regardless of their sexual identity.
Sexual harassment is can arise from any act or communication between an employee and an employer or co-worker, which is sexual in nature. Allegations of sexual harassment in the workplace are taken very seriously and include a range of inappropriate and offensive behavior including:
- Unwanted Advances
- Verbal, Non-Verbal, Visual Or Written Harassment
- Sexual Propositioning
- Physical Harassment
- Innuendos Or Comments About An Employees Body
- Requests For Sexual Favors
- Sexual Gestures
- Offensive Pictures Depicting Sexual Or Sexually Suggestive Acts
- References To An Employees Sexual Habits Or Preferences
- Discussions Of A Sexual Nature That Make An Individual Uncomfortable
Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature and can include offensive remarks about a person’s gender. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.
Both the victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.