Equal Pay/Compensation Discrimination Lawyers
New York, Connecticut and New Jersey Equal Pay Lawyers
BLG’s employment lawyers represent victims of equal pay/compensation discrimination in the workplace.
All workers are covered by the Equal Pay Act which requires employers to pay men and women equally for doing the same work. In regard, to successfully have a claim in this area of law you must prove the following:
- You and an employee of one sex;
- Working at the same place; and
- Doing substantially the same job (equal work) but receiving unequal pay than a person of the opposite sex.
Employers can attempt to justify pay inequality by proving:
- A seniority system;
- A merit system;
- A system which measures quantity or quality of work; or
- Any other reason other than gender for the difference in pay.